Recently, I had the pleasure of doing two of many dinner parties for one of my longtime and tasteful clients Mrs. Hershaft.
I love her not only because she is a class act, but also because at the beginning of the year she sent me a list of reminders I carry in my daily journal at all times.
I’d like to share a few of these with you:
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems and obstacles are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Don’t compare your business to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Forgive everyone for everything
- Always remember: The best is yet to come, if you let it.
Mrs. Hershaft: thank you for you continued support, but mostly thank you for these wonderful reminders that I try to live by and write about.
Which piece of advice do you most agree with? Is there something on this list you think wouldn’t apply to you? I’d love to hear about it and why.